Old Glory Ranch’s latest “Antique Truck” addition allows us to continue the bridal tradition of something old and something new. Our 1954 International Harvester R112 purchased originally by a farmer living outside St Louis was once a farm truck. I am quite sure it did not have an inkling of what the future might bring. It has now become a treasured vehicle at our Texas Hill Country venue, Old Glory Ranch, in Wimberley
Interesting facts about our Antique Truck:
- Bryce Engelhart purchased the truck in December 1985 for $3600.
- In the first four years, Bryce drove the truck 100,000 miles around the United States.
- It visited Steamboat Springs, Las Vegas, California, and all over Texas as well as the Midwest.
- The truck has attracted a lot of attention and has been well photographed and has even received a few movie offers.
- Bryce purchased tires for the truck in 1990 for $95 each and they lasted for 27 years. They had to finally be replaced in 2017 for $265 each.
- The truck was once maroon and at one time lay in pieces before becoming transformed into today’s version.
- Many adventures and memories made before Bryce finally made Wimberley his home in 1994.
The truck then became a popular departure vehicle for our newlyweds at Old Glory Ranch and as even helped a bride reach her ceremony at the Wedding Deck.
One of our most beautiful and popular departures involve the Antique Truck and gerbs.
Bryce recently retired to begin a new chapter in his life. He deemed Old Glory Ranch as a worthy place to leave his antique truck. We are so glad that he did so it can continue send our Old Glory Ranch couples off to their own unique adventures. We warmly welcome our new addition and look forward to all the new memories we will make together.