Being newly engaged is an exciting and joyful time for any couple and their families. After the engagement, questions begin about the proposal and the ring. However, a little stress can enter into this Cloud 9 moment as thoughts turn to when and where the nuptials might take place.
Planning a wedding can be stressful, but it doesn’t have to be. It can be a wonderful time of dreaming of the endless possibilities with your fiance and families. Talk to one another about what you want in your big day to help align your vision.
Are you thinking an outdoor ceremony?
Maybe you prefer an indoor ceremony?
What about the reception?
The same choices loom and, of course, you do need to make sure that your venue has a Plan B.
As newly engaged couples begin to tour venues, many bring along their family and friends to help them with this big decision. They begin to envision their day, but sometimes they forget about a very crucial element. Most are focused on the size and the cost which are important, but the level of service should receive equal attention.
- Does the venue provide planners to help you choose vendors and stay on track?
- Is a day-of wedding coordinator included to help you facilitate your flawless day while your friends and family simply enjoy being together and celebrating?
- Does the venue help with your decor?
- Who is setting up and breaking everything?
Old Glory Ranch has all of these elements and more! Prime Winter and Spring dates are currently available, so book a tour with us today and allow us help you turn your dreams into a reality.
Murder Mystery Dinner Mayhem at Old Glory Ranch happens several times a year. Although we are often known more as a wedding venue, we are having fun seeking out other ventures and creative ways to serve our clients as an event venue.
What is a Murder Mystery Dinner?
A Murder Mystery Dinner is a type of theater where audience members interact with volunteer cast members to solve a fictitious crime. Clues are gathered as suspects are interviewed by the emcee as well as questioned by other characters and members of the audience. The guests try to put the clues together throughout the dinner before the final review. To add to the fun, many people come in period dress even if they are not a suspect or witness.
The Evening’s Agenda:
- Gates Open and Guests arrive to check-in and to enjoy complimentary beverages, appetizers, and a bit of mingling.
- Dinner is served. As you enjoy the delicious meal, the crime is reviewed, suspects are introduced, and the interrogation begins.
- There is a brief intermission while dessert is served. You may mingle with the characters and see if you can glean any extra information. Top-notch detectives are on the watch throughout the night!
There are often a few casualties along the way, but always in fun!
- The plot thickens as the last of the suspects are questioned and the clues are revealed. Guests have a chance to confer with one another and then submit their guesses of who they think committed the crime before the guilty party can get away.
- The Big Reveal and apprehension of the “murderer” at the end!
After much laughter and shenanigans, the night draws to its inevitable end. We hope that you can join us to experience your own Murder Mystery Dinner Mayhem in the near future!
Check out “Murder Most English” on July 27th &
Old Glory Ranch’s latest “Antique Truck” addition allows us to continue the bridal tradition of something old and something new. Our 1954 International Harvester R112 purchased originally by a farmer living outside St Louis was once a farm truck. I am quite sure it did not have an inkling of what the future might bring. It has now become a treasured vehicle at our Texas Hill Country venue, Old Glory Ranch, in Wimberley