The Texas Hill Country is a very popular destination choice for weddings hailing from the Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and the Permian Basin areas. Here are just a few reasons brides choose Old Glory Ranch as the ideal location:
1) Service – Our number one priority is YOU and making sure your event happens exactly as you envision! The main comment we hear from clients, are rave reviews of the service they receive before and during their event. Our goal is to have the couple, their families and guests show up and have a wonderful time while we take care of all the details including set-up, room transition, break-down and everything in between. We offer assistance in many areas during the planning stages of each event and meet with clients for one-on-one consultations and, unlike many other venues, we never limit phone calls or emails. We are here for you.
2) Experience – Our clients appreciate that Old Glory Ranch has been providing the ‘ultimate’ Texas Hill Country wedding experience for hundreds of couples – for decades! Nearly 400 newlyweds have crossed the Old Glory Ranch threshold since their opening in 1997. Many of the staff members have been on board since the very beginning. Clients and guests are treated with professionalism, courtesy, and welcomed with warm smiles and accommodating spirits.
3) Wedding Coordinator – We welcome Outside Wedding Coordinators, but for those who aren’t brought to us by one, we have one available. For all of our Chapel Hall weddings and receptions we include an experienced Day-of Wedding Coordinator in our facility fee. They are in charge of the execution of the timeline and taking care of all the needs of the couple the evening of their event. Some offer extended services for clients wanting more assistance in certain areas such as tuxedo rental, finding invitations, booking lodging, etc. When utilizing our Day-of Coordinator, she will do many ‘behind the scenes’ duties throughout the night. She will prepare plates for the bride and groom and guide them through the necessary timeline constraints yet keeping them fluid for change. Towards the end of the night they will load up a designated vehicle, and departure vehicle, with all the couples belongings. They will also pack up a ‘to-go’ package for the couple in case they were having too much fun meeting, greeting, and dancing, and didn’t get an opportunity to dine!
4) Preferred Vendor lists – Clients rave about our preferred vendor lists which help them tremendously in the planning stages of their event. Whether you are looking for officiates, accommodations, caterers, bakers, photographers, videographers, ceremony musicians, bands, photo booths, transportation needs, beverage providers, or something unique, Old Glory Ranch has a list of what we refer to as our Texas Hill Country “tried and true.” You can rest assured that each vendor has ‘made’ the list by providing quality service to previous clients. We will even assist in scheduling appointments for tastings, checking their availability, or researching to find someone or something new that might not be on our list, etc.
5) Ceremony & Reception Options – Old Glory Ranch offers a variety of options when planning your event. And since we only hold one event on any given day, you receive our utmost attention to assure that yours is executed beautifully and all details in place upon arrival. Your ceremony can be held inside our historic Chapel Hall, on the Wedding Deck on beautiful banks of the Blanco River, in our ancient Oak Grove, or the open air Gatehouse Pavilion. With 2,200 acres, finding the ideal Texas Hill Country spot for your ceremony is a breeze! You may take advantage of our full service venue, or if you are on a smaller budget with 100 or fewer guests, you may prefer a more ‘do-it-yourself’ approach. Either way, you have choices for consideration. Receptions may also be held inside Chapel Hall or around our covered Patio and under the giant Oaks. Many clients like an “in-out” experience offering their guests the best of both worlds. We can accommodate larger groups than many venues in the area, yet intimate events are just as easily handled. Naturally, air conditioning and heating options will be welcomed during some months, we have the ideal solution for that as well.
6) Inclement Weather Plan! – If you are planning an outdoor event, perhaps at one of our riverside ceremony sites, along with a patio reception and Mother Nature has a different idea, we have you covered, so to speak! We watch the weather very carefully and will give you a call if we feel another one of our indoor options might be more suitable for you and your guests comfort.
7) Location & Views – Lots of ‘Ooooos’ and ‘Ahhhhs’ take place as soon as guests enter the Old Glory Ranch gate. The lovely Texas Hill Country comes to life serving as a backdrop for the rustic appearance of Chapel Hall. With nearly 2 miles of the emerald green Blanco river cutting through the property, and unobstructed views of the hills, along with no ‘city lights’ to water down the scenery, Old Glory Ranch is truly a gem in the Wimberley valley. Conveniently located between the Austin, San Antonio, Houston, San Marcos, Dallas and Permian Basin areas.
8) Flowers – “Gorgeous”, “Stunning”, “Amazing”, “Beautiful”, all comments that we hear from our clients, and their guests. The OGR Floral Team is top notch and executes each brides vision into fruition for their events, whether personal flowers, centerpieces, or indoor-outdoor decor. With a huge inventory of varied styles of containers to coincide with any bride’s vision, it is easy for her to pick and choose the perfect look she is trying to achieve. Clients are provided a private online link to the OGR floral gallery to see what is available and have a one-on-one meeting with our designer.
9) Donkeys! – Need we say more?! These little guys and girls are very popular among our clients and adored by their guests. Tons of ‘selfies’ are taken at each event when our miniature donkeys are present. Their charming floral lined saddle packs make it easy for guests to grab a beverage along with a unique photo to share on social media sites!
10) Child Care – Not many venues offer the option of child care for wee ones attending a wedding. Here at Old Glory Ranch we have experienced adult childcare attendants, and an ideal location adjacent to the venue which includes restrooms, changing station, baby bed, pack-n-play, and where children can watch a variety of movies and age-appropriate activities, while their parents enjoy a ‘worry-free’ fun evening of celebration.